My name is Nikki and I am an Elementary Education Major at Millikin University. I wrote this blog for my class, Children's Literature. I hope that you enjoy reading the blogs about the books that I have been exposed to in this class. If you have any suggestions for books that I should read or can use in my classroom, please feel free to let me know! Thank you, and enjoy!

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Esperanza Rising by Pam Munoz Ryan



I loved reading Esperanza Rising because it was a different than I expected. I loved that instead of going from poor to rich, she was able to adjust to life without much money. I think that in society today, people focus way to much on money and this book really demonstrates the importance of other things in life other than money. In the book, Esperanza had to deal with a lot of things, but losing her father was very tragic. At first, she was did not handle the situation the best, but after a while she matured into a beautiful woman from the inside. I loved watching her grow through out the book and I think that many people would agree. I can definitely see myself using this in my classroom because it porttays a valuable lesson and exposes children to a different culture and time period.

No comments:

Post a Comment