My name is Nikki and I am an Elementary Education Major at Millikin University. I wrote this blog for my class, Children's Literature. I hope that you enjoy reading the blogs about the books that I have been exposed to in this class. If you have any suggestions for books that I should read or can use in my classroom, please feel free to let me know! Thank you, and enjoy!

Monday, May 10, 2010

How the Amazon Queen Fought the Prince of Egypt by Tamara Bower


This book is a classic example of the strength of a woman over a man. I enjoyed reading this book because it was a legend and showed the strength and courage that women can have. It was interesting to read this because it was based off of an actual Egyptian scroll and the book includes great illustrations and translations of hieroglyphics. In the end of the book, it shows that men and women are equal and if they work together, more can get accomplished. How the Amazon Queen Fought the Prince of Egypt would be great to use in a classroom because it teaches a valuable lesson and could be connected to a history unit easily! I loved the hieroglyphics and Egyptian drawings.

No comments:

Post a Comment