My name is Nikki and I am an Elementary Education Major at Millikin University. I wrote this blog for my class, Children's Literature. I hope that you enjoy reading the blogs about the books that I have been exposed to in this class. If you have any suggestions for books that I should read or can use in my classroom, please feel free to let me know! Thank you, and enjoy!

Monday, May 10, 2010

The Higher Power of Lucky by Susan Patron (Newberry)


I enjoyed reading this book because I was able to connect the main character of this book, Lucky. She was a young girl who is forced to be taken care of by her dad’s new wife, Brigitte. She starts to think that her new mother has something up her sleeve and is going to leave her, but in the end, she really just wanted to adopt her. I like this book because Lucky tries to connect to a higher power when she has problems and this is something that I try to do as well. Also, the book, “Are You My Mother?” is mentioned in the story, and that is my all time favorite children’s book! This also sends out a great message about trust. Trust is very important for kids to learn about and can definitely be used in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment