My name is Nikki and I am an Elementary Education Major at Millikin University. I wrote this blog for my class, Children's Literature. I hope that you enjoy reading the blogs about the books that I have been exposed to in this class. If you have any suggestions for books that I should read or can use in my classroom, please feel free to let me know! Thank you, and enjoy!

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Let it Shine by Ashley Bryan (Coretta Scott King)



This award winning book for its illustrations is very beautiful. There are three songs that are written in the book, "This Little Light of Mine", "Oh, When the Saints Come Marching In", "He's Got the Whole World in His Hands". However, I think that the main focus of the book is the illustrations. I loved how the illustrator used different pieces of colored papers to do all of the pictures. I can't imagine how long this must have taken her to make each picture. The colors and style of the photographs automatically make me feel happier because of the patterns and papers used in it. I would love to see other books that were illustrated by Ashley Bryan.

No comments:

Post a Comment