My name is Nikki and I am an Elementary Education Major at Millikin University. I wrote this blog for my class, Children's Literature. I hope that you enjoy reading the blogs about the books that I have been exposed to in this class. If you have any suggestions for books that I should read or can use in my classroom, please feel free to let me know! Thank you, and enjoy!

Monday, May 10, 2010

Matilda by Roald Dahl


When I was younger, Matilda was one of my favorite movies to watch. But after reading the book, I would much rather reading about Matilda than watch the movie. This was a fun read and would be great to use in the classroom because Matilda is a very loveable character. It is hard not to love her because she is independent, cute, smart, and has been through a lot of problems in the first part of her life. Miss Trunchbull and Ms. Honey are also great characters in the book. I think this book is an exaggeration of how most students view their teachers and this goes to prove that some teachers like Ms. Honey really care about their students. Some of the things that Miss Trunchbull would do to her students were absolutely outrageous, yet entertaining to read. I like this book because it shows that intelligence can go a long way and its okay to be different than others.

No comments:

Post a Comment